Sunday, May 1, 2011

Egg Shell Hairy Caterpillar

In the making, an egg shell hairy caterpillar.

What I used:

1. 6 empty egg shells, washed
2. Egg carton
3. 6 used tea bags
4. Green watercolour paint
5. Paint brush
6. Glue (I used Mod Podge as all I have in the house)
7. Wobbly eyes
8. Pen
9. Packet of cress



Egg shells painted green. Cut the bottom off six egg cup from egg carton and paint green. Stick wobbly eyes (I have a box of them in my craft kit) on one shell with glue. Use pen to draw smiley face. Put one used tea bag in each egg cup, fill each egg with about 1/4 full with water. Sprinkle with cress seeds. Fill the top with soil (I used soil from my garden). Wait for cress to grow (maybe a week or two?) for hairy caterpillar effect. Then cut cress to eat, and sow more seeds.

I'll come back in a week or two, hopefully to show progress of hairy caterpillar's ..hair

1 comment: