Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reusable food wraps

Mumatopia sells these really cool reusable food wraps made from fabric and PVC which velcro shut, can be wiped clean, or put in the washing machine, and reused. Say goodbye to cling wrap - hooray!



Now I bought two wraps from mumatopia, and then made one for myself using a pillowcase fabric which I love for the dragonflies! I'm really into pillowcase fabric from op shops because I don't have too much excess fabric left over when making projects, plus I've found so many made from pretty material! I was very lucky to get some PVC (for the inside of the foodwrap) for next to nothing at Spotlight because I got the end of the roll, which would have otherwise been thrown out, and it only cost me 20c.






These food wraps make an excellent gift for Christmas, they can be as colourful as your fabric choice, and although they are made using PVC, at least this eliminates the use of throwaway cling wrap.

5 comments:

  1. how great are they? Love your blog - we are into the same kinda stuff which is neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, I had made little sacks for snacks, but I like how you've wrapped them. I also prefer less plastic.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, thank you ladies, although I can't really take credit for the idea with these wraps, but they are awesome arent they. And pretty easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea. Well done for attempting your own, looks fantastic.
    x

    ReplyDelete