Thursday, December 30, 2010

Balls!

Oh, hello there, thanks for being patient! Its been a while since I've posted but now the ol' Christmas shenanigans are over for another year, there is more time for craft. Plus, I got a Janome overlocker for Christmas...yey!

For a friends baby boy, I have made some beach balls, made entirely from fabric scraps. The idea is not my own, in fact the pattern can be downloaded for free from purlee.com

They started off like this:

Op-shopped fabric, old jeans, hand-me-down quilting fabric, and Kunin eco-fi felt

and ended up like this




Easy to do, although can be a bit tricky getting the balls into the right shape. I filled mine with soft toy filling, and dried lavender.

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable. I am going to whip some up! Love the lavender idea.

    ReplyDelete